Here's his winning tally, minus the weight of the bin.
- Each team will be given one manifest, or shopping list, for your entire team that will be handed to you at the start of the race. You can have up to 5 members on your team and you must buy the minimum items specified on the list. (Example: Buy (5) cans of food from 'Name of Store', 'Address'.) We will give you the addresses for the stores, but it's up to you to look them up on your map or smartphone. Part of the challenge is creating the most efficient route to go shopping! And you MUST have receipts for these items.
- Once you've bought these items, bring in as much additional food as you can to the finish (SF & Marin Food Bank, 900 Pennsylvania Avenue). You can obtain this food anywhere and you do NOT need receipts. You can also purchase the additional food in larger quantities such as entire cases of canned goods and 50lb bags of rice or beans. No glass, no perishables.
- You are welcome to go back-and-forth from the stores and the SF & Marin Food Bank to make multiple trips.
- All teams MUST be back at the SF & Marin Food Bank by 4PM with their full group. Any teams without their entire group after the deadline will be disqualified.
- Pro-tip: previous winners have launched fundraising campaigns to pay for their shopping trip.
- Electric bikes or other motor-assisted vehicles are not allowed -- you must use your own pedal power to finish!
SPECIAL NOTE: TEAMS must pre-register on EventBrite no later than Wednesday, December 9th.
Check-in will begin at 10am on Sunday, December 13th. Just come to the Bow & Arrow. And post in the comments or in our Facebook invite if you have questions!